Check demographic and contact details are correct
- Note that place of work is very important for COVID-19 monitoring, particularly for health care, defence force and other key workers. Please ensure this information is complete.
Symptoms and treatment
- Cough, difficulty breathing, fever etc.
Risk factors for severe disease
- Cardiovascular, respiratory, kidney disease, diabetes, cancer and immunosuppression.
- Note that it is not yet known whether pregnancy is a risk factor for severe disease. Evidence to date suggests it may not be for COVID-19, but because it is associated with severe disease in other respiratory infections such as influenza, we recommend asking about it.
Risk factors for exposure to infectious case/likely source of infection
- Contact with confirmed, probable or suspected case
- Healthcare worker
- Overseas travel in 14 days before became unwell
Details of contacts
- People they have been in contact with during the infectious period (2 days before symptoms began to 2 days after symptoms ended).
- Names, contact details, how they were in contact (house, school, office, etc).
- If the case has been to public places, the names of these places and times visited also need to be recorded.
Image credit: CDC Photo taken by James Gathany