- Any person with the following exposure to a suspect, confirmed or probable case during the case’s infectious period, without appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE):
- direct contact with the body fluids or the laboratory specimens of a case.
- presence in the same room in a health care setting when an aerosol-generating procedure is undertaken on a case.
- living in same household or household-like setting (eg shared section in a hostel) with a case.
- face-to-face contact in any setting within two metres of a case for 15 minutes or more.
- having been in a closed environment (e.g. a classroom, hospital waiting room, or conveyance other than aircraft) within 2 metres of a case for 15 minutes or more.
- having been seated on an aircraft within 2 metres of a case (for economy class this would mean 2 seats in any direction including seats across the aisle).
- aircraft crew exposed to a case Casual contact.
- Any person with exposure to the case who does not meet the criteria for a close contact.