Always start off an interview as you would any conversation, with an introduction of yourself and your organisation.
- Your organisation
- Why you are conducting the interview
- Ask if they are available to speak and
- Give them the amount of time you require to conduct the interview
- How privacy is upheld
- How their information will be used
- That they have a right not to answer any of the interview questions
If language seems to be an issue, end the call and discuss with your supervisor, a translator may be needed.
Remember to be prepared before making the call. Have a look at the Resources and the Tools and References tab for help.